- Statistics and Research Methodology, Psychiatric Epidemiology and Concepts in mental health
- Principles of Mental Health Legislation and Human Rights
- History, background and determinants of global mental health
- Principles of Mental Health Policy Formulation, Implementation and Evaluation
- Establishing Mental Health Systems to promote Development
- Mental Health promotion in emergency and disaster situations
- Stigma and mental health promotion
- Treatment, human resources and research gap and capacity building in low and middle income countries
- Relevant first degree with at least a 2nd class honors or equivalent professional qualification in nursing, social work, occupational therapy, psychology, medicine or related health discipline
- Two year's relevant work experience in the field of Mental Health.
- Written statement of purpose of no more than 500 words
- Two references, at least one of which must be an academic reference
- Evidence of financial support or sponsorship.
Duration of Programme
Two Years Part-time (taught and research). Each year will have two 2-weeks intensive residential sessions (November 5th to 17th 2018 and April 1st to 13th 2019). Between the two intensive residential sessions, students will participate in e-learning teaching activities, research or quality improvement project design, implementation and/or evaluation under the orientation of local and international faculty or advisor.
International Programme Faculty
Faculty of the programme are drawn from renowned professors and experts in Global Mental Health from the following Universities, organizations and institutions around the world.
- World Health Organization Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse, Geneva, Switzerland
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Department of Behavioural Sciences, Kumasi, Ghana
- University of Ghana Medical School, Department of Psychiatry, Accra, Ghana
- University of Alberta, Department of Psychiatry, Edmonton, Canada
- University of Alabama, Department of Psychiatry, USA.
- University of Dublin Trinity College, Department of Psychiatry, Dublin, Ireland
- St Patrick’s Mental Health Services, Dublin, Ireland
- Kings College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, England UK
- University College Dublin, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Systems, Dublin, Ireland
- Center for Health, Culture and Society, Nashville USA
- Ghana Mental Health Authority, Accra, Ghana
- Ahmadu Bello University, Department of Psychiatry, Zaria, Nigeria
Programme Fees: US Dollars 6000* excluding expenses to be incurred for travel and boarding
* GHS16,000 for Ghanaian applicants.
For further information please contact:
Program administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Director: email@example.com
Click here to Apply Now