The School of Medical Sciences on 16 November, 2016 had a donation of books from Dr. Michael Adjei-Poku and Mrs. Gladys Adjei-Poku on behalf of Mr. Clair Follett Rasmussen of Salt Lake City, Utah.
Dr. Michael Adjei-Poku is a Ghanaian-born Cardiologist in University of Utah, Medical School in the United States of America. Mr. Clair Follott Rasmussen was his patient and during one of his consultation, he told Mr. Follett his story, that during his medical training in Ghana he and his fellow classmates hardly had access to books. He went further to tell him how they had to struggle to share books like ‘’Grays Anatonmy’’. The patient decided to show appreciation to Dr. Adjei-Poku by procuring relevant medical books which could be donated to the School of Medical Science (SMS) KNUST for students use. The medical books that were donated to the school included the following;
- Illustrated Textbook of Paediatrics-Tom Lissauer and Graham Clayden
- Atlas of Human Anatomy- Frank H. Netter. MD
- Browse’s Introduction to the Symptoms and Signs of Surgical Diseases –Burnand , Black , Corbett and
- Nelson Textbook of Paediatrics (Volume 2) – Kliegman ,Stanton , St. Geme Schor
- Rang and Dale ‘s Pharmacology – H.P Rang , J.M. Ritter, R.J. Flower, G. Henderson
- Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology (Twelve edition)-Hall
- Hutchison ‘s Clinical Methods –Michael Glynn and William Drake
- Robbins and Cotran –Kumar , Abbass and Aster
- Nelson Testbook of Paediatrics ( Volume I ) – Kliegman , Stanton , St . Geme and Schor
- Gray ‘s Anatomy – Susan Strandring
- Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology- John E. Hall
- Macleod’s Clinical Examination (fourth edition ) –Churchill Livingstone
The School extends it’s hand of appreciation to Dr. Michael Adjei-Poku and Mrs. Gladys Adjei-Poku and also Mr. Clair Follett Rasmussen for their kind gesture towards the school and also commends them for their commitment and dedication toward medical education in Ghana.